Ready to Lose Your Glasses? Ten tips for selecting a LASIK or Laser Vision Correction CenterThe world of ophthalmology is one of the fastest developing fields of medication. Never before have numerous new techniques and clinical advancements emerged in such a short time period. LASIK surgery, which utilizes an excimer laser to reshape the cornea, provides countless individuals the opportunity to minimize or eliminate their need for glasses or contacts .
Tv and radio ads are filled with fantastic stories about LASIK surgery as the quick and painless way to fix vision, however stories are also appearing about individuals for whom it was less than effective. Before you decide to go under the beam, what can you do to assist guarantee that you will be happy with your outcomes?
The essential to safe surgery in any field of medicine is an informed client. Take a little time and research the LASIK center you are considering for laser eye surgical treatment. Dr. Robert K. Maloney, voted by his peers as one of America's Top Ten vision correction surgeons in a nationwide study by Ophthalmology Times, offers the following guidelines to quality care and treatment.
1. Find a physician by getting recommendations from other doctors or from clients who have actually had LASIK or laser vision correction.
Don't be fooled by elegant advertisements about a particular laser. Select the physician, not the laser.
3. Pick a medical professional who has done at least 5,000 LASIK or eye laser surgeries. What a medical professional doesn't know can hurt you.
Ask for info on your medical professional's LASIK eye surgery complication rates. If your physician won't tell you, find another one.
Ask exactly what steps are taken to prevent infection. Firmly insist that your eye is completely sanitized, and insist that the surgical instruments be disinfected prior to your eye laser surgical treatment to get rid of the risk of transmission of HIV or liver disease.
Beware of ads pushing "low cost" LASIK surgery. Discount rate surgery is as excellent as a discount parachute.
Anticipate to see very well after LASIK, however don't anticipate to see completely. As with any eye laser surgery, results are as private as each client. Beware of any doctor who guarantees 20/20 vision. go to the website
8. You probably are if you feel like you're getting a difficult sell. Go somewhere else. You're not buying a vehicle; this is real LASIK eye surgery.
9. If your level of nearsightedness is more than -11 or two, implantable lenses will probably offer better vision than LASIK. Consider waiting till the brand-new lenses are readily available. Ask your medical professional about them and other current advances.
10. While you examine, do not lose sight of the benefits: for the majority of people, a life time of bad vision can be cured in 5 minutes. LASIK eye surgical treatment has actually improved the vision of millions of individuals around the globe.